Who we are
Our website address is: https://medcalladvisors.com/.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
MedCall Healthcare Advisors, LLC (MHA) understands that you care about your privacy, so we are committed to your understanding of your privacy rights and how we use information about our site visitors. This Policy describes the types of personal information we may collect, how we may use that information, and how we protect it. We also tell you how to update your information or how to contact us with questions about our privacy practices. This Policy applies only to this website (www.MedCallAdvisors.com) and the online activities described herein.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you use certain features of our website, we may ask you to provide information that could identify you as an individual. Examples of personal information we may collect include:
• Your name, address, birthdate, and phone number or Secure MedCall Portal account user IDs and passwords;
• Your email address if you contact us via the email links provided within the website; and
• Information that you submit via email related to potential employment with MedCall, such as your resume, professional references, educational information, employment and salary history, and work experience.
• We may use the information we obtain about you for a variety of purposes, including:
• Providing information or services you requested, such as creating your MedCall Account or Secure MedCall Portal account;
• Communicating with you about our products, services, and events;
• Processing and fulfilling transactions, such as claims processing; • Providing customer support;
• Gathering feedback about our products and services;
• Managing your participation in our programs;
• Operating, evaluating, enhancing, and improving our business, products, services, communications, and similar activities;
• Protecting against and preventing fraud, physical and financial loss, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and managing risk, including identifying unauthorized users or other security issues;
• Complying with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies, or enforcing compliance with those requirements; and
• In the case of resume and job application submissions sent to the email link on our career page, evaluating job candidates and making hiring and other personnel decisions.
We also may combine information we collect about you with other information we receive from additional sources. You may choose not to provide us with all of the information we request. In some cases, choosing not to provide information may prevent you from taking full advantage of our site’s features.
Automated Collection and Use of Information
We may receive or collect some information automatically when you visit our site or engage with other online content we provide. For example, we receive the IP address of the computer or other device you use to access our sites, which may reveal your general geographic location. We collect or receive other information using technology features such as: Cookies. A cookie is a file saved to your computer or device that may be used to recognize our users when they return to our website, collect usage information, remember user’s preferences, and provide customized versions of our site. We use this information to evaluate our web traffic, improve our website and services, enhance our communications, and understand the effectiveness of our website. For more information on your choices regarding cookies, see the Your Choices section below. IP Addresses. We may use the IP address of the computer or other device you used to access our website in order to administer our website. We use this information to understand patterns of activity on our website and collect broad demographic information, in order to improve its features, and to customize our presentation of content to our users.
How We Share Your Information
We may share personal information with trusted parties, such as service providers who assist us in our business and who are only permitted to use your information in ways we have authorized or to comply with legal requirements. We also may share your information:
• With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• With trusted business partners, such as companies we partner with for joint projects;
• When reasonably requested or required by law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
• When required by law or in response to legal process;
• When we believe disclosure is appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
• When reasonably necessary to an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; and
• In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
We may offer you certain choices about the information we collect, how we use and share information. To help protect your privacy, when you exercise these choices we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity. You have the following specific opt-out choice:
• Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. However, rejecting cookies may affect your user experience, and you may not be able to access or use certain features of our sites. In addition, disabling cookies may invalidate opt outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt outs.
While we will take all reasonable steps to honor your choices with respect to your personal information, you should be aware that it is not always possible to delete all of your information for technical reasons. For example, we may store personal information in long-term archives or backups or retain an identifier to honor your opt out choices. We will continue to send you service-related communications, and we may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis, or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law.
If you are a California resident, you may contact us to request information about circumstances in which we share certain personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. To request information please contact us as indicated in the Contact Us section of this Policy.]