This policy explains how we treat personal information we obtain from you, as users of our Company Website(s), including but not limited to www.medcalladvisors.com, but does not apply to any third party sites that may be linked to them.
We use the Company Site to make information, products and services available to you. The term “personal information” means information that you provide to us which personally identifies you to be contacted or identified, such as your name, phone number, email address, and any other data that is tied to such information.
- Customers and Other Authorized Users. Customers of our products and services may use the sections of the Company Website reserved for customer use (login required) solely as their respective agreements permit. Other authorized users of information resources available on or through this site may use them solely as and to the extent that have been authorized to do so. We request information from customers and other authorized users to authenticate them and verify their authorized use of the, products, services and other resources we provide.
- Promotional Offers. Promotional offers are governed by their terms and conditions. We may request information from those responding to offers to determine eligibility and to process and fulfill eligible responses.
- How We Use The Information Provided. We do not request any patient information through general Company Website(s) such as www.medcalladvisors.com. Certain web-based services provided by us, including the MedCall mobile app and certain support operations, involve access to, and the processing of, patient information. This information is provided to us lawfully by: (i) medical professionals who have obtained their patients’ consent to provide us with their patient information or (ii) by the patient themselves (or, if the patient is a minor, through their parent or guardian). The Company Website is not designed to be used by children. The general Company Website(s) are not intended to collect or retain any patient data. However, use of certain telehealth services we provide may allow and/or require the collection of certain patient data. Children under the age of thirteen (13) should not use any of our services that requires and/or collects patient data unless they are doing so under the direction of their parent/guardian or medical professional. We may use the information we obtain to provide Customers and authorized users with:
- Products, services and information resources;
- The development of new and updated products, services and information resources;
- The administration of, protection of, and management of the Company Site, our products, services and information resources; and
- Communications concerning our products, services and information, which includes marketing and promotions, including the processing and where applicable, fulfillment of promotional offers.
- These uses may involve disclosure of this information to vendors, technology and marketing partners, resellers, medical professionals and others who assist us in the development, marketing, sales, and support of our products and services. We may use and disclose aggregated, non-personal information derived from our operations for a variety of development, promotional, communications, and other business purposes. If we wish to use your name, likeness, or other personally identifiable information for promotional purposes or corporate communications, we will seek your permission before doing so.
- Disclosures of Information. We may disclose certain information we obtain in order to provide certain products, services and information resources and to develop, promote, and support our products and services, solely as our agreements with our customers, other authorized users, vendors, technology partners, marketing partners and others permit. In order to ensure continuity of the Company Website and the integrity and availability of the information required to provide it and our products and services, information provided to us may be backed up or archived, and this may include the storage of information at facilities operated by our vendors. Finally, we may disclose information as we believe necessary to: (a) comply with applicable law and regulations, which may include disclosures made in response to any subpoena, document request, or other legal request seeking the disclosure of information that appears to have been lawfully issued; (b) perform under and enforce the terms and conditions under which our products and services are provided; (c) exercise our legal rights in its products, services and resources and to otherwise protect its assets; and (d) protect our rights, reputation, and property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. The information we obtain in connection with the Company Website is not sold, rented, or otherwise disclosed to any person or entity except as this policy states.
- Third Party Links. The Company Website may contain links to third party sites to provide additional, value-added services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with those third parties and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third-party websites.
- Regulation & Security. We offer and provide the Company Website and our products and services in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations we are aware of and/or become known to us and will continue to do so. As an example, we have Business Associates Agreements in place with our customers, partners and vendors that govern the disclosure and use of PHI that is required for us to provide them with the products and services they have requested. If you order services from us that require you to provide to us personal health information that is protected under any federal or state laws (including HIPAA), You grant to us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to use de-identified patient and administrative data (“De-Identified Use Data” as defined under 45 C.F.R. § 165.514) collected or provided through your use of the Company Website for any lawful business purpose, provided that such data is not personally identifiable. We shall have the right to de-identify such patient and administrative data and then utilize the De-Identified Use Data for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to creating statistical norms and reports de-identified score cards, regional or national benchmarking, or to be used for research considerations, provided however that the data shall not include member identities and claims information that is unprotected. Personally identifiable patient, physician and your information shall remain confidential and shall not be released. Further, should we choose to place the De-Identified Use Data in its national database or in any way incorporate such data in studies and/or analyses conducted directly or indirectly by us, no such data shall be identified as originating from you, or your patients, members, or physicians. The De-Identified Use Data shall also not be utilized in any study, report or publication without first being integrated with a significant body of other data such that neither you or your employers, patients or physicians can be identified, unless appropriate, advance and written consents to such identification are obtained. We use appropriate security measures to protect the information we obtain from unauthorized alteration, loss, disclosure, or use, including technological, physical and administrative controls over access to the systems we use to provide the Company Website and our products and services. As an example, we restrict access to particular systems and information to those employees and independent contractors whose duties require them to have it. To obtain this access, employees and independent contractors are required to agree not to: (a) disclose that information; or (b) use their access or any confidential information except to exercise their rights or discharge their obligations under their respective agreements.
- Access and Changes to Information; Deletion of Information. Customers and authorized users of our products, services, and information resources have access to the information We store about them, and may change that information at no charge, provided that doing so is consistent with their respective agreements with Us. Certain information services we provide may reflect patient information as it appears in the medical records of those patients that are maintained by the medical professionals they consult. We may retain the information we obtain for a period sufficient to provide the products and services that our customers request, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, and as our management deems appropriate.
- Compliance, Questions and Concerns. We monitor our compliance with this policy. Questions or concerns should be directed to [email protected]. Complaints will be acknowledged, investigated, resolved between Us and the parties concerned when possible, and reported to governmental authorities as the applicable law requires and as appropriate.
- Concerns. We strive to have all MedCall employees and suppliers conduct themselves is the most professional manner. If you have a concern with an employee or supplier, please complete this anonymous form to voice your concern. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.